Technical Specialist is part of the Manufacturing Engineering team, responsible for production improvements and support.
- Assists in development, optimization, documentation and implementation of Lean Manufacturing and cost-effective processes
- Analyze customer’s returns (RMA) - evaluate, repair, document and report findings
- Perform calibration, acceptance tests and inspection of products and creates Certificates of tests or datasheets
- Assists Engineering on all testing to be performed and responsible for all test equipment involved in that process when required
- Use statistical process control tools to track and improve processes; including measuring, monitoring data collection and analysis
- Support production to solve issues and improve cost and yield
- Other duties as assigned
- Hands-on knowledge of fiber splicing & handling, fiber laser design, fiber-optic components and systems, Bragg gratings and related technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Visio, Word).
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, in both French and English
- Ability to work well independently and/or part of a team
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Effective analytical and problems solving skills
- Ability to communicate new concepts effectively
All qualified applicants interested in this career opportunity should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the position title in the subject line.