MPBC now provides complete Single-Frequency Systems, from Seed to Single-Pass or Resonant Cavity SHG.
All MPBC SF Laser Systems are simple and robust, resulting in excellent beam quality and ensuring long-term stability, long lifetime and low cost of ownership.
The MPBC Single-Frequency Systems components include:
Single-Pass Second Harmonic Generator (SHG):
Since 2007, MPBC has delivered Single-Frequency fiber lasers with output powers up to
Resonant SHG (RSHG)
With MPBC’s Resonant Second Harmonic Generator (RSHG), high powers are achievable in the visible band. Controlled by the WaveLock, the RSHG converts infrared light to a high-power visible light.
A non-linear crystal is placed into the resonant cavity, which is formed by highly-reflective mirrors. Inter-cavity infrared power builds up, resulting in a very efficient conversion to visible light.
- Output powers of
10 Wand over are easily achievable
- 80% efficiency
- Diffraction-limited beam
MPBC’s WaveLock is designed to scan a Resonant SHG (RSHG) and then lock it to a single frequency laser.
The WaveLock provides all necessary functions for cavity locking using PDH or Hansch-Couillaud techniques and comprises of the following modules:
- Dual channel RF generator with a variable phase delay
- High dynamic range phase detector
- PID servo controller
- High voltage function generator
- Crystal temperature stabilizer
- Touch screen for easy navigation and control
- Multiple analog inputs to monitor
- SD card and USB port for storage and logs
High Power Single Frequency Raman Fiber Amplifier
MPBC’s Raman Fiber Amplifier (RFA) is capable of amplifying a narrow-band, linearly-polarized NIR input signal with negligible spectral broadening, and low intensity and phase noise.
NIR output powers up to 15 Watts at wavelengths between
- True diffraction limited beam with
M2 < 1.1
- Unprecedented beam pointing and power stability
- All-fusion-spliced fiber-optic train eliminates the need for alignment
- Maintenance-free turn-key operation
- Low power consumption compact package
PM Fiber Laser Pump
A Ytterbium Fiber Laser, which provides a high-intensity linearly polarized pump light, is used to optically pump our Raman Fiber Amplifier through counter propagation.
Single Frequency Fiber Laser Seed Source
Exhibiting extremely low noise and highly stable operation, these Single Frequency Fiber Lasers (SFFL) offer output wavelengths ranging from
- Single-frequency emission
- PM fiber-coupled, diffraction-limited output beam
- Very long coherence length
- Low phase & intensity noise