Business Development Representative
MPB Communications Inc., a dynamic high technology company in optical communications, photonics, lasers, and space has the following position, open in their Business Development department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promote the company's products and services through direct client contact
- Coordinate and prepare competitive bids and quotations
- Research information and follow up of markets, market trends, potential customers, and competition
- Assist in developing product business plans, marketing plans, competitive analysis and trend reports
- Research new product applications and markets
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum requirements for this job are a bachelor's degree in business/ marketing, with any technical knowledge an asset, or, a technical degree with quantifiable sales and marketing experience. Insatiable curiosity for next generation technologies and imagination is necessary. Familiarity with patents and trademarks is an asset. International travel will be required. The candidate must have the necessary permits to work in Canada.
Skills/ Traits should include:
- Strong oral and written communication skills- bilingualism
- Ability to grasp new concepts, terminology, and ideas quickly and easily
- A self starter, the ability to work independently, seek solutions, organize tasks, meet deadlines, prioritize, and see the “big picture”
- A high level of creativity and energy
- Strong ability to work with technical and marketing staff, team player
- Strong customer orientation
- Absolute integrity and trustworthiness; someone who instills trust and sense of fair play towards all
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and have fun
All qualified applicants interested in this career opportunity should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the position title in the subject line.