Fiber Optics Engineer,
Laser Product Development
MPBC is a leading supplier of innovative, high-performance fiber laser systems and subsystems to the international high-tech industry. At the cutting edge of research and development, our lasers play a monumental role in microscopy platforms, astronomy, communications, research, etc. As a member of our team, you would be part of a close-knit organization, developing new visible fiber lasers and ultra-short pulse fiber laser systems.
- Develop and write assembling and testing procedures,
- Prepare technical drawings for manufacturing release,
- specify, select and test fiber optic components such as specialty fibers, fiber optic components, nonlinear crystals and subsystems,
- Resolve mode-matching, fusion-splicing, assembly, and metrology challenges
- Conduct reliability tests.
- Analyze test data aiming to improve technical performance and reliability, simplify manufacturing procedures and reduce cost. Responsible for maintaining test database.
- Interface with pilot cell and manufacturing to facilitate smooth transfer of new products to production floor
- Minimum BS degree (advanced degree preferred) and some experience in fiber-optic design, assembly, and testing. Understanding of product life cycle and moderate volume production is an asset.
- Ability to provide engineering support to R&D team from concept through manufacturing release.
- Coordinating the work with other engineers and technicians to deliver reliably functioning solutions in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Knowledge of fiber optics.
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
All qualified applicants interested in this career opportunity should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the position title in the subject line.