Fiber Optics Technician,
Laser Product Development
MPBC is a leading supplier of innovative, high-performance fiber laser systems and subsystems to the international high-tech industry. At the cutting edge of research and development, our lasers play a monumental role in microscopy platforms, astronomy, communications, research, etc. As a member of our team, you would be part of a close-knit organization, developing new fiber-optics systems.
- Work in fiber optics R&D lab under the guidance of scientist or engineer.
- Splice optical fibers, optimize splicing procedures of specialty fibers
- Assemble optical fiber lasers and amplifiers
- Test fiber-optic components and systems and document results
- Assist in fabrication process development
- Certificate of technician or an associate degree in optics/laser/electro-optics technology
- Minimum 2 years of laser, fiber optic or optics training.
- Ability to handle optical fibers and delicate optical components
- Skilled at working with the hands and fingers and good vision
- Ability to carry out fiber splicing, component and system level assembly
- Ability to use electronic and optical equipment
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and schematics
- Data entry skills
- Good communication skills and team interaction
All qualified applicants interested in this career opportunity should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the position title in the subject line.