The Assembler prepares, assembles, installs and tests fiber optic components, assemblies and products. The operator has the ability to perform the required tasks with a high degree of accuracy and quality. The position requires the worker to possess a high degree of manual dexterity and steadiness in order to handle small objects and perform the intricate fiber work. Employee must be able to read and comprehend written instructions as well as follow verbal direction as necessary.
- Possess the ability to reason, analyze and display understanding of basic math skills
- Read, understand and follow processes
- Ability to identify tooling and equipment required
- Assemble product from prints, drawings, and internal specifications
- Maintain a maximum of quality workmanship per each given assignment
- Experience with Excel and windows operating system
- Keep accurate records and orderly data files
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
Other skills that would be an asset to this position :
- Capacity to splice basic fiber types (single mode, multimode, etc)
- Familiar with scientific equipment (OSA, sources, power meters, splicers, recoaters, etc)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication—the individual communicates clearly and respectfully with others and with the team in both English and French
- Time—the individual effectively manages work time to provide a quality product in the allocated timeframe. The individual must be able to effectively manage their time to avoid unnecessary absenteeism or time away from the work area
- Quality—the individual is engaged to provide a quality product in all steps of the process. The individual can understand and follow all quality requirements and will seek assistance where necessary.
- Organizing—the individual understands the importance of a clean and organized work environment.
- Teamworking—the person works well with other team members and values their efforts and contributions in order to achieve a common goal. The person displays a constructive approach by giving his/her opinion to the team and is not afraid of rejection and values the opinions of others, demonstrates good attitude and friendly personality with respect to the organizational structure.
All qualified applicants interested in this career opportunity should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the position title in the subject line.