Reporting to Telecom Production Manager, Test Technician performs both electrical and optical testing of production units.
- Worker must possess the ability to reason, analyze and display understanding of basic math skills
- Requires understanding of production test procedures
- Ability to identify tooling and equipment required
- Perform calibration, acceptance tests and inspection of products and creates Certificates of tests or datasheets.
- Assists in development and design optimization
- Maintains test fixtures and equipment to assure compliance.
- Record test results into computer database and/or customer required test procedure sheets.
- Keep accurate records and orderly data files
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Analyze customer’s returns ( RMA Telecom ) - evaluate, repair, document and report findings
- Hands-on knowledge of fiber splicing & handling, fiber laser design, fiber-optic components and systems, bragg gratings and related technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Visio, Word).
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, in both French and English
- Ability to work well independently and/or part of a team
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Effective analytical and problems solving skills
All qualified applicants interested in this career opportunity should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the position title in the subject line.