Project Manager – Space Programs
The project manger is responsible to oversee the successful execution of the projects under his/ her jurisdiction, from proposal preparation to final delivery. Responsibilities include customer and subcontract management, as well as management of the technical team, risks, schedule, and budget. The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and make sound decisions is essential. Bottom-line accountability and strategic focus are critical functions of the position.
- Manage day-to-day program activities of the technical team including subcontractors
- Oversee that reporting requirements to the customer are met on schedule with exemplary quality
- Ensure programs are successful in terms of meeting milestones on schedule and within budget
- Champion program rigor including design reviews, intellectual property, design practices, documentation and program readiness with both internal and external technical resources.
- Communicate program status to senior management on a regular basis, effectively managing all stakeholder requirements
- Manage customer experience to develop/ maintain good relations and ensure long-term customer satisfaction
- Organize and participate in proposal preparation/ bids for new projects
- Ensure new opportunities align with corporate objectives and direction
- Experience in project management of technical programs, leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams for tier 1 customers
- Strong leadership qualities
- Highly organized, self-starter
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Sound judgement with attention to the bottom-line, risk management and negotiation skills - strongly results oriented
- Experience with space and military programs and knowledge of relevant technologies
- University technical degree in engineering or physics and/ or PMP designation
- Team player with high integrity, fairness and a sense of humour
All qualified applicants interested in this career opportunity should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the position title in the subject line.