- Responsible for design and implementation of electronic circuits and systems including development of configuration, testing and support for Photonic Based Projects.
- Develop analog or mixed electronic circuits and systems. High speed/RF design.
- Support to existing hardware designs and systems based on changes in functional requirements or use cases.
- Providing support for generating Functional Design Specifications and detailed design specifications including PCB production documentation, BOMs generation and optimization, assembly drawings and so on.
- Communication with internal customers to understand the requirements and other contractual communications.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test as needed
- Participate in design verification and qualification.
You Must Have
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- Extensive experience in analog or mixed design. Experience with microcontroller-based designs is desirable.
- Experience in analog signals processing, conditioning, handling.
- Hands on experience with linear and switching power supply design.
- Experience in development of small signal and low noise designs.
- Experience with electromagnetic compliant (EMC) designs.
- Experience with high speed and RF design.
- Knowledge and familiarity with a broad range of electrical lab and test equipment and tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, cameras, basic laser test equipment, PC’s, power supplies, etc.
- Experience with computer aided design tools. ORCAD/ALLEGRO experience is preferable.
- Experience with circuit simulation.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary engineering/manufacturing environment
- Possess a minimum of 2 to 5 years of related experience
- Execute, plan & deliver as per commitments.
- Good communication skills, able to interact with customer & handle independently, Good written and verbal communication in English is a must.
- Effective team member and ability to handle tasks.
- Basic knowledge of hardware engineering standards and specifications
- Excellent computer literacy
- Ability to focus on important information and identify key details
- Capability of following guidelines and ensuring efficiency on given project tasks
- Application of basic engineering techniques to optimize design of products, parts, systems or processes
- Clear and concise communications
- Ability to quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
- Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done and do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
MPB Communications, based in Montreal, is a world leader in fiber-optic equipment for telecommunication, data centers, space and bio-photonics.
MPBC is an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
All qualified applicants interested in this career opportunity, should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the position title in the subject line.
It is important to show PHO-35 - Electronic Engineer in the “subject” section of your email.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.