Test Compliance Technologist
Since 1996, the Electronics Test Centre (ETC) has operated in Airdrie, Alberta, as a one-stop compliance test laboratory. Committed to quality assurance and customer service, ETC provides trustworthy testing to the electronics, telecommunications, wireless, instrumentation, medical, military, aeronautical and automotive industries.
ETC Airdrie is currently looking for a Test Compliance Technologist.
General Responsibilities include
- Reviewing and interpreting electromagnetic compatibility and mechanical/climatic standards with respect to customer requirements and facility capabilities. This entails a thorough understanding of Aerospace, Military and International standards.
- Sharing of ideas with technical team with respect to achieving best practices and results (test/measurement, design and fabrication of equipment, reports, etc)
- Determine and identify test equipment and facilities required for successful completion of customer testing requirements
- Execution of the testing and monitoring of the customer equipment; provide daily status updates to sale/marketing and senior staff
- Preparation of test reports for review by the senior staff and QA representative
- Support sale/marketing staff with review of customer requirements and test plans
- Must be available for evening work hours
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum college education as electronics technologist, physics degree, or similar
- Knowledge of the laws of physics (Volt/Ampere/Ohms, frequency/wavelength, decibel/linear conversion, pressure/volume/temperature, acceleration/speed/displacement, force/pressure/torque, etc)
- Knowledge of antennas, RF equipment (coaxial cables, attenuator, directional coupler, termination, etc), digital oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information in written format
- Highly motivated; adaptable to working both alone and in groups
- Proficient with MS-Word, MS-Excel and Windows XP, 7 and 10 operating system
- Experience in programming an asset (C/C++ and using MS Visual Studio)
All interested candidates, please send your resume and covering letter with job title to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.