March 24, 2020 - Montreal: On March 23rd the Quebec government shut-down all non-essential services for the period from March 25th to April13th due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A select staff is being maintained at MPBC to support our telecom infrastructure customers and our customers manufacturing equipment being used in the research into the COVID-19 virus. The infrastructure has been set up so that we at MPBC continue to be available to all our clients, partners and suppliers by phone, email or through web meeting.
We remain ready to assist you throughout this situation and will update you regularly on the status of our operations.
March 17, 2020 - Montreal: The health and safety of our employees, customers and business partners around the world is our top priority at MPB Communications Inc. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, while the company continues its day-to-day operations, we have instigated precautions to do our part to mitigate the contagion.
Following the most recent guidelines provided by the World Health Organization, the Governments’ of Quebec and Canada, as well as a best practices approach, we have implemented the following policies:
- We have suspended all non-essential work travel for our employees;
- We have suspended all visits to our facilities;
- We have established mandatory quarantine procedures for employees after travel and upon signs of illness;
- We are providing resources to help employees modify how they work, including social distancing, flex schedules and facilitating working from home;
- We have also provided our employees with the necessary information, guidelines and hygiene supplies to reduce the risk of infection from COVID-19.
We will continue to monitor developing news and reports from the WHO and other government agencies and are ready to react accordingly in a timely and efficient manner as the situation evolves.
It is our belief that we all need to proactively manage our work and home lives at this difficult time. Currently, our facility remains open 16 hours Monday-Friday, allowing for flexibility and space for our workers, and the infrastructure has been set up so that we at MPBC continue to be available to all our clients, partners and suppliers by phone, email or through web meeting - distancing ourselves yet remaining connected.
We remain ready to assist you throughout this situation.
President, MPB Communications Inc.